To make fun games
- F84 Games, North Hollywood, CA - June 2012 to Present
- Designing, porting, and coding games.
- Bradley University, Hollywood Semester - January 2017 to Present
- Teaching a workshop style class for upper level students majoring in game design. The class focuses on creating a game from start to finish while learning how to work as a team, handle feedback, and meet milestones.
- F84 Games, North Hollywood, CA - January 2012 to May 2012
- Writing documentation and game pitches. Balancing enemies and power-ups. Laying out quest paths and levels. Testing and filing bug reports. Scripting in C# and AS3. Localizing game builds. Animating cutscenes and characters in Flash & Unity3d.
- The Iona Group, Morton IL - May 2011 to December 2011
- Developed and produced mobile applications and programs for clients.
- Worked in small teams with fast deadlines. Coded in Objective-C, C++, and AS3.
- Bradley University, Peoria IL - January 2011 to May 2011
- Tutored students in the basics of the Python programming language.
Delivered multiple talks ranging from 50 minutes to 3 hour workshops on the below topics
- General Game Design - Understanding core concepts such as game flow and user feedback
- Choosing the Right Game Engine - How to decide what to use when starting a new project
- Working in Unity3D - Structuring a project, taking advantage of extensions, using uGUI, working with navmeshes, and more
Stan Lee's Hero Command - Designer & Developer - Mobile Game
- Wrote initial design documentation
- Worked closely with lead programmer & animator to create an extensive and easily modifiable combat system
- Implemented responsive front-end user interface
- Designed and implemented 100+ missions across 3 hero campaigns
Survival Run - Designer & Developer - Mobile Game
- Ported game to Android and Windows Phone. Updated UI to be responsive across various device sizes. Implemented platform specific plugins.
- Designed 'survival gear', equipment that benefits the player during gameplay
- Implemented 'Skillz', an asynchronous multiplayer platform for competing against other players
HTML5 Games - Designer & Developer - Web & Mobile Games - Client Work
- Created HTML5 Games (WebGL with Canvas fallback) that run on common web browsers across PC, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android devices.
- Worked in Haxe with one additional programmer to create a proprietary engine built on top of Pixi.js
- Worked on designs for each game to match clients expectations
- Implemented graphics for user interface, gameplay, and more
- Interfaced with clients to respond to feedback and make design changes based on stakeholder and producer requests.
- Created and implemented sound effects
Beatmakers - Developer - Flash Web Game - Client Work
- Developed a rhythm-based minigame for Toy State in Flash. Used AS3 and XML.
- Worked with a small team of 1 creative direction, 2 developers, and 1 artist.
Flyy - Designer & Developer - Mobile Game - Independent Work
Pumpkin Grand Prix - Designer & Developer - Mac & PC Game - School Work
RGBlaster- Designer & Developer - iPad Game - School Work
- Designed and developed an arcade color-matching game. Worked on a team of 4 to design the game and create materials documenting the process. Created a simple game engine using Open Frameworks. Written in C++ with Game Center integration added in Objective-C.
Software: maya, unity3d, blender, flash, illustrator, photoshop, after effects
Frameworks: open frameworks, cinder, cocos2d, box2d, chipmunk, titanium
Other: scrum, task management software, user testing, design documents, git, svn
Bradley University - Fall 2008 to May 2012 - 3.73 / 4.0 GPA
- Bachelor of Science in Interactive Media - Game Design
- Minor in Computer Science
Applied Excellence in Game Design: Slane CFA Awards 2012
Flyy: 1st Place, iBradley 2011, Interactive Category
Pumpkin Grand Prix: 3rd Place, iBradley 2011, Interactive Category